2. Download the FTDI Drivers
Windows 8 requires an extra driver that allows the Maker Board to communicate with the Arduino software. Click the link to start the download.
- Your browser may create a window that says "You have chosen to open CDM V2.12.06 WHQL Certified.exe." "What would you like to do with this file?". Click "Save File".
- A window should pop up with the title FTDI CDM Drivers. Click "Extract".
- This installation often pops up an error window that says "The requested operation requires elevation". Click "OK".
- There will be a window that prompts you to run the program with compatibility settings. This will help you complete the installation.
- Next, you'll see a prompt that says "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" Click "Yes".
- Once you've clicked "Yes", you'll see the FTDI CDM Drivers window again. We have to start the process again in compatibility mode.
- When the FTDI Device Driver Install Wizard starts, click "Next".
- Agree to the license agreement and then click "Finish".
- If you used compatibility mode, Windows may prompt you "Did this program work correctly?" Click "Yes".
The hard part is over! Next, you'll download the example projects and start building!