3. Download the Example Code
Now that the Arduino software is ready to run, it's time to download some code! Click the link(s) below to download the .ZIP file for your kit. If you have the Starter Kit + LED Strip, download both files and add them to Arduino separately. Want to learn more about libraries? Head to the libraries page.
- Some web browsers will pop up a notification about the file download and ask how to manage the file. If you have the option click "Save". Not all internet browsers do this.
- Windows may pop up a window that says "You have chosen to open LetsStartCoding.zip. What should Firefox do with this file?" Click "Save File".
- Different internet browsers will handle this process differently. If you don't see any prompts, look at your download folder; the file may automatically download.
- If you have the option of where to save the file after clicking OK, save the file to your Downloads.
- After the .zip has downloaded, open the Arduino software. Click Sketch--> Include Library--> Add .ZIP Library... .
- A new window will pop up. Navigate to Downloads and select the LetsStartCoding.zip file. Click "Open."
- Now you have the example code on your computer!