Set Up to Code Online with Mac
First thing's first: Plug Maker Board in to your USB port
1. Install the Coding Plugin
- Ensure you're using the Google Chrome web browser.
Click "Install the App" button below.
Click "Add App" in the pop up. That's it!
2. TEST UPLOAD A PROJECT
You can upload any of our projects to your Maker Board. Try one here. The window below with numbers for each row is holding real code that you'll be able to run on Maker Board and modify it right there.
- Plug Maker Board in to your USB port either directly or with the cable. Make sure Maker Board's green light is on.
- Green light not on? Try flipping Maker Board over.
- Click the drop-down menu. If there is more than one option, pick an option that does not have the word 'bluetooth'. It will be something like /dev/cu.... or /dev/tty.... . If you have multiple options ports here, just try one. If the upload doesn't work, try another option from the drop-down.
- Click Upload to Maker Board. Maker Board's lights will flicker and you'll see a small pop-up that says "Upload Successful!"
BELOW IS YOUR CODING WINDOW. Test Upload this Project To your Maker BOard.
Did you see the "Success!" message? Then your computer is set up to program Maker Board!