Interested in the technical details?
Maker Board was designed to be versatile and easy to use. It was designed with beginners in mind, but we think it's a great board to add to any inventors tool chest. Here are the details:
- ATmega328P-AU SMD chip onboard is the same processor as the Arduino Uno.
- FTDI USB-to-serial chip offers great reliability and cross-operating-system support.
- Maker Board breaks out pins 0-13 and A0-A5. The carrier board model determines which are accessed directly by female headers.
- Red LED on pin 13.
- Full serial communication via the FTDI chip. RGB LED indicates TX , RX and power.
- System is 6V tolerant, no voltage regulation on board.
- Bootloaded with Arduino Uno bootloader and recognized by Arduino IDE as an Uno, so all code written for Arduino Uno will run on Maker Board.
- PCI card-edge connector allows for unplugging of Maker Board from carriers to leave projects intact and in place while you reprogram.
- Card-edge USB allows projects to be powered via a USB wall-wart or programmed directly through your computer's USB port. USB extender cable included with kits.